Metal Parts and Precision
GK continues to invest in the latest machining centers and advanced software for the purpose of continuous improvement and to be a leader in machining technology. GK Machine has the expert technicians on staff with education and training on CNC processes and procedures to meet high standards of excellence for precision machining.
With GK’s one-stop shop, there is no need to go to various vendors for your metal production needs. With state-of-the-are machines to design, create and manufacturer metal products, GK offers a wide variety of metal manufacturing services:
- Laser Cutting
- Welding & Fabrication
- Integrated Electrical Assembly
- CNC Machining
- Plasma/Flame Cutting
- Metal Forming
- Mechanical Assembly
- Finishing (prep, wash, paint & powder coat)
GK Provide full service contract manufacturing, metal machining and fabrication services for a variety of industries:
- Waste Management
- Food Processing
- Government Agencies
Part Design & Modeling
GK can assist you with the design and modeling of custom Metal Parts and Precision Components. We have the ability to design, create and model parts in a 3D environment in order to provide detailed measurements and specifications for your metal part or piece. GK has been using MasterCam 3D software and AutoDesk for product design for more than 20 years and several of our employees are MasterCam certified.
We use a simple 4-step process to part design:
1. Explore and understand client requirements. GK begins with a review of materials, manufacturing processes, design considerations, and finishing options for metal prototypes and low-volume or high-volume production parts.
- Hole depths and diameters
- Text on parts
- Live-tool lathes
- Size and types of thread
- Heights and feature widths
- Multi-axis milling
2. Plan and review concepts with customer. 3D CAD files are created by an engineer and/or machinist based on the overall review of the metal part or piece in order to review details of measurement and specifications.
3. Client authorizes work and then all files are converted into machine code, which controls a machine to precisely mill or turn into the final part. Parts now go into manufacturing production.
4. Project conclusion is the final stage, we measure and quality checks all parts/pieces before shipping directly to the customer.
GK has the multi-axis machining capabilities for large production runs of metal parts and pieces:
- Bar Fed Lathes – supports bar stock to reduce vibrations that can transfer to the part, and helps to speed the change over process
- Multi-Part Mill Fixtures – we have the ability to set several parts at various orientations in one setup to help speed cycle times
- Choose from a variety of materials, hardware and fasteners – GK keeps a large inventory of raw materials in-house
- Choose from a variety of paint and powder coat colors to fully finish your custom metal part or pieces
Manufacturing prototype parts fast and cost-efficiently is often a balancing act of quick-turn, CNC machining capabilities and an optimized part designed for those capabilities. Important considerations are reviewed when designing parts for GK milling and turning processes that can accelerate production time while reducing costs. Our team of expert machinist can assist you with the design of creating a metal prototype part.
- We provide prototyping services, GK can create concept models and apply various functions
- Prototyping via CNC machining delivers high speed, high precision, and robust part manufacturing solutions
- With years of manufacturing experience, our experts offer the best solution for all your manufacturing needs